Tintri for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Hypervisor-Agnostic Application-Aware Storage for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Deployments
Tintri VMstore is designed from the ground up for virtualized environments and the cloud. Global enterprises have deployed hundreds of thousands of VMs on Tintri storage systems, running large scale private cloud deployments, business critical databases, enterprise applications and VDI environments for desktops and mobile devices.
Tintri for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) based on Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) brings to RHEV deployments the unique VM level monitoring and data management capabilities that enterprise customers already enjoy in VMware vSphere environments.
Benefits of Tintri for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Tintri is the only hypervisor agnostic storage platform with VM-awareness and adaptive learning capabilities to support mixed workloads–servers, VDI, development & test– concurrently on a single Tintri VMstore.
- Set-up in less than ten minutes.
- Administrators manage auto-aligned virtual machines and vDisks instead of LUNs and volumes—eliminate any complex configuration or ongoing tuning.
- Seamlessly scale virtualized environments from 20-30 VMs to 1000s of VMs without additional storage provisioning.
- Easily create 100s of high performance, zero-space VM clones to speed up VM provisioning for VDI and development & test workloads.
- Automate processes and workflows using PowerShell and REST API
- Instantly identify performance hot spots at the hypervisor, network and storage levels with comprehensive end-to-end performance and bottleneck visualization at each layer
- Protect individual VMs with customizable policies with space and performance efficient snapshots.
- Deploy affordable per-VM data protection and disaster recovery with WAN-efficient replication reducing WAN bandwidth usage by as much as 95 percent with global deduplication and compression.
Architectural view of the Tintri hypervisor-agnostic operating system
Five Things to Know About Tintri for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Tintri is the industry's first and only hypervisor-agnostic VMaware storage for RHEV deployments.
- Tintri delivers 99% of I/O from flash, dramatically reducing CAPEX and OPEX costs for large scale virtualized environments.
- You can run RHEV VMs alongside VMware VMs on a VMstore system with VM-level data management across the entire infrastructure.
- Tintri is smart storage, capable of "seeing" the virtual machines. It learns and adapts to the needs of mixed workloads while ensuring sub-millisecond latencies.
- Tintri provides an on-ramp to deploy high-level functionality for OpenStack based cloud computing services.
Five Things You Won't Miss When Using Tintri for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Instead of Other Storage Platforms
- The CAPEX and OPEX required for overprovisioning storage systems to meet performance requirements in virtualized environments.
- The inability to support mixed workloads with varying performance characteristics on the same storage system.
- The days or weeks of time spent configuring, managing and troubleshooting virtualized environments using legacy storage LUN and volume storage constructs.
- Expensive, wasted storage from inefficient LUN and volume level data management (snapshots, clones and replication).
- The inability to support mixed hypervisor environments on a storage system efficiently while ensuring high performance across the entire infrastructure.
Download the Tintri for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Datasheet (PDF).