Tintri VMstore™ EC6030™ All-flash Series
EC6000 VM- and DB-Aware Intelligent Infrastructure
Maximum Performance for Applications and the People Who Manage Them
Flash storage has the power to fundamentally transform how you do business. But most solutions force you to compromise on performance, price, or features. The Tintri VMstore EC6000 All-Flash Series intelligent infrastructure delivers powerful and efficient all-flash performance for up to 7,500 virtualized applications in just two rack units.
At the core of VMstore EC6000-Series is the unique VMstore file system that is built specifically for virtualized and cloud workloads. This enables you to control each application automatically and helps you match capacity to business needs one drive at a time. With the EC6000-Series, you can start with a 19TB all-flash system and grow to over 40PB of all-flash storage supporting over 480,000 applications all managed by a single consolea. The EC6000 delivers an exceptional user experience through completely autonomous operation, real-time and predictive analytics, and powerful automation at the application level of abstraction to build and drive your virtualized workloads in today’s data centers.
Consolidate your virtualized enterprise applications onto a scalable, performant, and easy-to-use intelligent infrastructure. When the data that drives your line-of-business applications resides on VMstore EC6000-Series, your operations are dramatically simplified. Go from pilot to production with a few clicks of a button. Enjoy a simplified administrative experience so you can focus on your business. Experience different!
- Consistent Performance – Isolation for every application all the time
- High Availability – RAID, active-standby controller with hot spares, and more
- Data Services – Real-time deduplication and compression, public cloud connector, copy data management, and more
- Real-Time Analytics – Visibility across storage, network, and hosts on a per-application basis
- Actionable Analytics – Get to root cause in one click; fix and see results instantly
- Predictive Analytics – Profile application types, then model and forecast capacity and performance needs over the next 18 months
- Developer Choice – Select Tintri’s native REST APIs, PowerShell toolkit, Python SDK, or plugins such as our vRealize Orchestrator that meet your needs
- Per-Application Data Management – Manage snapshots, clones, replication, and QoS policies on a per-VM basis
- Guaranteed high performance for every application without manual intervention
- Concurrent multi-hypervisor support enables you to operate vSphere, Hyper-V, RHEV, XenServer and OpenStack simultaneously on a single system without partitioning
- Remote management of both initial system configuration and power simplifies administration of your distributed environment
- Share analytics data with vRealize Operations, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, and other platforms to gain valuable holistic insight
- Easy configuration enables you to go from box to production workloads in under an hour in most cases
- Our autonomous operation eliminates many manual steps saving time and reducing errors
- Our support for open APIs delivers choice while making scripting simple, standardized, and powerful
|Models||Tintri EC6090||Tintri EC6075||Tintri EC6055||Tintri EC6030|
|64 nodes||1-64 VMstore Systems|
|Flash||Effective capacitybde||Up to 41.3PB||Up to 41.3PB||Up to 20.6PB||Up to 5.2PB|
|Flash raw capacitye||11.8 PB||11.8 PB||5.9 PB||1.5 PB|
|Data protected as DP/DR targetbce||82.6 PB||82.6 PB||10.4 PB||10.4 PB|
|Application Density||VMs (max)||480,000||480,000||160,000||32,000|
|Flash||Effective capacitybd||Up to 645TB||Up to 645TB||Up to 322TB||Up to 81TB|
|Flash raw capacity||25 – 184 TB||25 – 184 TB||12 – 92 TB||6 – 23 TB|
|Data protected as DP/DR targetbc||Up to 1290TB||Up to 1290TB||Up to 645TB||Up to 161TB|
|Application Density||VMs (max)||7,500||5,000||2,500||750|
|Onboard Network ports per controller||DATA ports||2x 10GbE|
|ADMIN ports||2x 1GbE|
|REPL ports||2x 1/10GbE|
|Optional Network ports per controller||DATA ports||2 x 40GbE or 4 x 10GbE or 2 x 25GbE|
|REPL ports||2x 40GbE or 4x 10GbE or 2x 1/10GbE or 2x25GbE|
|Physical Specifications||Dimensions (HxWxD)||2RU, 3.5” x 19.0” x 34.63” (89mm x 483mm x 880mm) without bezel|
|Weight 13x SSDs||72.8 lbs (33.0 kg)||72.5 lbs (32.9 kg)||72.1 lbs (32.7 kg)||69.2 lbs (31.4 kg)|
|Weight 24x SSDs||74.5 lbs (33.8 kg)||74.2 lbs (33.7 kg)||73.8 lbs (33.5 kg)||70.9 lbs (32.2 kg)|
|Power supplies||Dual redundant hot swappable with a choice of NEMA or IEC plug types|
|Watts (avg./max)||650 / 1100||550 / 1100||464 / 1100||433 / 1100|
|BTUs (avg./max)||2218 / 3412||1877 / 3412||1583 / 3412||1477 / 3412|
|Operating temp.||5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)|
|Non-oper. Temp.||-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)|
|Operating humidity||8% to 90% (non-condensing)|
|Non-oper. Humidity||5% to 95% (non-condensing)|
|System||Type||All-flash Dual controller (active-standby)|
|Software||Tintri OS||Requires Tintri OS 4.3.3.x or higher|
|Virtualization||Protocol Support||NFS and SMB3|
|Additional Software||Management||Tintri Global Center™ Standard (included)|
|Analytics||Tintri Analytics (included in active VMstore maintenance contract)|
|Tintri Software Suite||Synchronous and Aysnchronous Replication: ReplicateVM™
Public Cloud Connector: VMstore Cloud Connector™
VM Scale-out: Tintri Global Center™ Advanced
Copy Data Management: SyncVM™
Data-at-rest Encryption: SecureVM™
|Product Support||Administration||Tintri Global Center, web interface (https), KVM (console), SMTP and SNMP for alerts|
|Support||Proactive support with automated phone home and case creation|
|Regulatory||UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60950-1, EMC Emissions Class A, FCC, IC, CE, VCCI, RCM, BSMI, EAC, KC, ROHS, REACH, WEEE|
a VMstore Scale-out enables you to manage storage as a federated pool, heterogeneously accommodating hybrid/all-flash nodes for both existing and future systems. You can start with one 19TB all-flash system and grow up to 40PB capacity supporting up to 480,000 virtual machines.
b Effective capacity is calculated after data protection (double parity RAID-6, spare, and metadata overhead) and includes the benefit of data reduction (inline deduplication and compression) but does not include thin provisioning. Data reduction typically provides 3-5x capacity savings.
c Assumes minimum policy of 8 hourly snapshots, 7 daily snapshots, and 4 weekly snapshots. All snapshots are logically represented as full recoveries.
d One MB is equal to one million bytes, one GB is equal to one billion bytes and one TB equals 1,000GB (one trillion bytes) when referring to storage capacity. Accessible capacity will vary from the stated capacity due to formatting and partitioning of SSDs, the operating system, and other factors.
e Stated capacity assumes a homogeneous pool of 64 nodes equipped at maximum capacity. Scale-out storage pools can be heterogeneous with a mixture of up to 64 all-flash and hybrid system nodes.
Download the Tintri VMstore™ EC6000™ All-flash Series Datasheet (PDF).